The following is a list of criteria for the inclusion of an organization, group, program or service in the Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services. Organizations that do not meet these guidelines may be considered for inclusion on a case-by-case basis. The following organizations are considered for inclusion if they provide breastfeeding services:
- Non-profit organizations, which provide a community service including health and social services
- Parent child support programs
- Local, regional, municipal, provincial or federal government departments, which offer information or direct services to the public such as Public Health Units
- Peer support groups
- Self-help support groups with open membership
- Professional associations (especially those related to breastfeeding support)
- Hospitals or community health clinics
- Breastfeeding and lactation support services, which are governed by a community board and offer a sliding fee scale, which is accessible to those who cannot afford private sector fees.
Private organizations without commercial funding or sponsorship are considered on an individual basis and inclusion is based on uniqueness of service (i.e. not available in the non-profit sector), degree of need for the particular service and whether negotiable fees are available. Guidelines are not limited to these printed criteria. Acknowledgement of changing societal and voluntary sector requirements will have bearing on the final decision for inclusion to the data directory. Health Nexus reserves the right to edit submissions to meet format, space and guideline requirements.